The winners of the 27th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize have been announced.
The Manga Grand Prize, sponsored by the Asahi Shimbun, has revealed the final eight works that were selected after being reviewed by judges, bookstore employees, professionals in the manga industry, and reader recommendations. “SPY×FAMILY” by Tatsuya Endo received the highest total number of votes and was declared the winner. The final selection will be publicly announced in late April on the Asahi Shimbun’s physical newspaper and official website, and the awards ceremony will be held on June 8th.
The panel of judges includes Osamu Akimoto, Michiko Ryo, Minami Takahashi, Shohei Chuto, Yukiko Tomiyama, Nobunaga Minami, and Taro Yabe, as well as Katsuhiro Kadota and Katsunao Kida from the Asahi Shimbun.
The final eight entries are:
1. “Umi ga Hashiru End Roll” (海が走るエンドロー儿)
2. “Onnanoko ga Iru Basho wa” (女の子がいる场所は)
3. “SPY×FAMILY” (SPY×FAMILY)
4. “Takopii no Genzai (Takopi’s Original Sin)” (タコピーの原罪)
5. “Cesare: Hakai no Souzousha” (チェーザレ 破壊の创造者)
6. “Tokyo Higoro” (东京ヒゴロ)
7. “Hirayasumi” (ひらやすみ)
8. “Yuria-sensei no Akai Ito” (ゆりあ先生の赤い纟)