With the popularity of ACG culture, anime figure gradually evolved into character models made by molding materials such as resin, PVC, and styrene after undergoing processes such as painting. If you are a fan of anime figure, then you must be aware that their prices can be very expensive. So, how do you make an anime figure?
Making a custom anime figure can be a challenging but rewarding process. Here are the general steps you can follow to make one:
1. Decide on the character you want to create and gather reference images. Study the character’s design and try to break it down into its basic shapes and colors. For example, pictures of characters or animals are best if they include the front, side, top, and overall views. In general, the more reference pictures, the better the resulting anime figurine will be.
2. Choose a base figure to use as the foundation for your custom figure. You can use an existing action figure or purchase a blank figure to modify. For example, you can purchase a nendoroid doll that already includes the character’s support, and you only need to make the head.
3. Use clay, putty, or other sculpting materials to add and shape the features of your character onto the figure. You can use a variety of tools, such as sculpting knives and toothpicks, to help shape and detail the figure.
4. Once the sculpting is complete, let it dry or cure according to the instructions for the material you used. If necessary, sand and smooth out any rough areas.
5. Prime the figure with a base coat of paint to help the paint adhere better. Then, use a combination of airbrushing, brush painting, and detailing techniques to paint the figure according to your design.
6. Add any additional accessories, such as weapons, base, props, to complete the figure.
7. Finish off the figure with a clear coat to protect the paint and give it a glossy finish.
Making a custom anime figure requires a lot of skill and patience, so don’t be discouraged if it takes some time to get it right. Remember to take your time and enjoy the process!
If you have no patience, Sugar Anime recommends that you use Diipoo’s custom anime figures service. They have already served over 50,000 customers, and you can view their pictures.